sweet 75 mk1 in MI for CHEAP!

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:41:06 -0700 (MST), "Eric S"
<scirocco@vintagewatercooleds.com> wrote:

>The link was posted yesterday to a posting of a guy that has 3 cars he
>wants to ditch for $500....2 being ugly, rusty rabbits...and the other?
>This 75 Mk1 that just needs put back together and a coat of paint!  It was
>a restore job that the old guy couldn't finish (got glaucoma)....email
>Todd at:  TROBBINS@WadeTrim.com if you are interested....this car is too
>far from me, and I already have a mk1 torn down that far, otherwise, I'd
>be ALLLLLLLL over this.

If it's a 75, it has a number of strange features.  The dash and trim
strip is wood grain, which is AFAIK from a later version.  The
radiator expansion tank is also different as well.  The outside mirror
looks to be black instead of chrome and there is a wide ground strap
from the wiper motor mount that my car does not have.  Also missing is
the mount for the diagnostic plug on the left shock tower, the coil is
mounted differently and I don't see a vacuum retard line on the
distributor, but those could be California items. It certainly is a
carb model but with an aftermarket Weber in place of the POS 2b2
Zenith.  Looks more like a 49 state 76 to me, but since the side
marker lights are missing (bright trim=75 no trim=76), there's no way
to be sure without reading the VIN.

At any rate, it looks to be a good body to work with, but just about
anything attached to it would be junk.
Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9