From: "Ryan H" <rhock99@epix.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2004 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: shim kit on a turbo 16v

> I think it all depends on your power levels.  What kinda turbo setup we
talking here?  Full street ~200 hp?  Invest in a bolt kit for the
differential, and do basic tranny maintenance (fluid) and you'll be fine.
(Of course, you'll still want a shim kit or the Phantom Grip, I can't give
advice there)
> Bigger power ~250+ hp?  May require a better diff (Quaiffe) and some
tranny work (gear strengthening, particularly 3rd and 4th), along with
stronger driveshafts if you want it to last.  Take note, some guys seem to
make do with stock drivetrain and lots of power, but it mayjust be luck.