home and sighting (mostly OT)

Well, I'm back from NY. Smooth driving and an easy trip. On my way back I saw a later 8v with Missouri plates and a guy in probably his 50s behind the wheel. Do we have any Missouri listers here? It was the VW blue (I forget the name) and very clean looking. Didn't get any boarding in in NY but I did enjoy the 40-50 degree weather. Steamboat got 15 1/2 ft of snow since I left, the most of any mountain in the US besides Tahoe.

The one dark spot of my return is that someone backed into my green mk2 while I was away. I'm 90% sure it was one of the drunken friends of the people living below us and I know they know they hit it. Driver's rear quarter is pushed in and the paint is shot. Cracks and chips and chunks are off and since it's a sparkly green color, I can't just patch it up with the rattle can. The wheel well is pretty much flat now and pressed up against the tire, making the car undrivable. Normally I would just take a crow bar and pry the wheel well out and say screw it, but I was _just_ about to trade the car for an 86 Audi 5kQ and $250. Now I have no car, no trade and no money. I imagine that if I found the person and beat him senseless I could get away with temporary insanity, but I doubt that the person will ever come forward. Man, I'm still livid.

Dan
I don't gamble because I know I don't have good luck. Ever.