My life with my Scirocco so far

Someone may have said it, but for a car you just bought that was made in 87, that's pretty common for those things. Are you new to the list? Had you been here awhile, you would have realized all your problems were very easy fixes that may have cost you $100 total. If you plan on just going to the garage and the dealer though, then this car is not for you. 15 parts in the US is not surprising, many parts are simply not available anymore. And being an German car that's old and has hard to find parts means garages will absolutely love you. Good luck on whatever you end up doing, hope things go smoothly with the car.

Dan

Can anyone relate with my so far bad luck with my scirocco? I know the owner
of Project Scirocco from Eurotuner can...
I bought my '87 8v Scirocco for $995.00 and it was fine for 2 months, then
my alternator belts decided that they didn't want to work or keep my battery
charged anymore, so I paid $70 for a new battery and then $223 to get the
alternator belts fixed my my friends at Hydrex in Emmaus, PA. The same week I get
my car back, my new tires decided to slid through a stop sign into a metal
guard rail only to result in a busted turn signal lense, which cost me $50 from
Volkswagen and they told me that they only had 15 left in the COUNTRY!! (can
anyone prove this?? I don't think so...) The week after I get the lense put back
on, my linkage from my shifter pops off, I get it fixed my a friend, and have
my friends at Hydrex check it out, and they tell me everything is fine, only
for 2 days until the linkage pops off again! I get it fixed at Hydrex, only to
take it back the same day because it wasn't fixed right, (3rd gear was where
1st was, 1st was in reverse, I don't think that there was a 2nd gear...) so
about $150 later, my Scirocco is running great again, if the year was 1987, my
car would be practically brand new. I realized that I can't be the only one
with Scirocco bad luck because when my ride was taking me home from work while
my car was in the shop, we passed a 16v Scirocco broken down on the side of the
road...here is a quote from my mom, "Get a new garage or get a new car!!" I
already said that if something else happens to it, I'm getting rid of it, but
I love it way to much!

Anyone else have these problems??