From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of gregdunn
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 12:34 PM
Cc: scirocco list
Subject: Re: 16V WOES ... HELP!!

> One questin, when I go to pick up my car from teh dealer today, I stil
> lhave a good 300 mile trek to go until I reach schoo, when I can then
> work on the 'roc.

In my experience, transfer pump problems are made a lot better if you
have a
full tank.  The gravity feed of a fuel tank masks the weak pump some.

I would run it full down to 1/2 full only.  Throw a 5 gal gas can in the
back and keep the tank as full as possible.  Stop and eat or take coffee
breaks for 15-min+ if you can schedule it.

My old Quantum Syncro had the fuel pump start to go & I limped it home
100
miles taking breaks like that.  'Course that was the pressure pump, not
transfer, but still.

Greg