From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Jim Jarrett
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 12:22 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: 16V WOES ... HELP!!

Quoting peter <peter@thescirocco.com>:

> I think it's either the fuel distributor, or the transfer pump in the
> tank.

I also think it's the in-tank transfer pump; my '84 8v did the exact
same thing
until I replaced the in tank pump.

> The transfer pump is $40-80, comes with a new screen/pickup and takes
> about 10 minutes to change, providing you have the proper clamps, and
> short piece of fuel hose to replace the original one.

And if you haven't gotten it already,  two really great places to buy
parts for
your VW are:

1) Adirondack Auto Brokers (http://www.germanautoparts.com) Galway, NY
518-899-7807.  Tell 'em the Scirocco list sent you.

2) Virtual World Parts (http://www.parts4vws.com) Temecula, CA a/k/a The
Potterpeople.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY       93 Passat GLX,     84 Scirocco |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         81 Rabbit Convertible 16v      |