My life with my Scirocco so far

Dude, you're driving a 17+ year old car.  Any older car that you buy for
less than $1000 is going to need some TLC.  The best thing to do is buy
yourself a Bentley manual, and start replacing all the typical
maintenance items (belts, hoses, plugs, wires, rotor/cap, etc...)
Paying a shop over $200 to replace belts is ridiculous - they're ripping
you off...  Find an honest mechanic if you don't want to do the work
yourself - but you really should learn to work on your car, before you
know it you'll be comfortable tackling almost any repair - these cars
are easy to wrench on...

Good luck!

Mark.
80 S
81 S  2.0 ABA/JH/4K

COUNTRY!!
> (can
> anyone prove this?? I don't think so...) The week after I get the
lense
> put back
> on, my linkage from my shifter pops off, I get it fixed my a friend,
and
> have
> my friends at Hydrex check it out, and they tell me everything is
fine,
> only
> for 2 days until the linkage pops off again!  I get it fixed at
Hydrex,
> only to
> take it back the same day because it wasn't fixed right, (3rd gear was
> where
> 1st was, 1st was in reverse, I don't think that there was a 2nd
gear...)
> so
> about $150 later, my Scirocco is running great again, if the year was
1987,
> my
> car would be practically brand new.  I realized that I can't be the
only
> one
> with Scirocco bad luck because when my ride was taking me home from
work
> while
> my car was in the shop, we passed a 16v Scirocco broken down on the
side
> of the
> road...here is a quote from my mom, "Get a new garage or get a new
car!!"
> already said that if something else happens to it, I'm getting rid of
it,
> but
> I love it way to much!
>
> Anyone else have these problems??