My life with my Scirocco so far

 Can anyone relate with my so far bad luck with my scirocco? I know the owner
of Project Scirocco from Eurotuner can...
 I bought my '87 8v Scirocco for $995.00 and it was fine for 2 months, then
my alternator belts decided that they didn't want to work or keep my battery
charged anymore, so I paid $70 for a new battery and then $223 to get the
alternator belts fixed my my friends at Hydrex in Emmaus, PA.  The same week I get
my car back, my new tires decided to slid through a stop sign into a metal
guard rail only to result in a busted turn signal lense, which cost me $50 from
Volkswagen and they told me that they only had 15 left in the COUNTRY!! (can
anyone prove this?? I don't think so...) The week after I get the lense put back
on, my linkage from my shifter pops off, I get it fixed my a friend, and have
my friends at Hydrex check it out, and they tell me everything is fine, only
for 2 days until the linkage pops off again!  I get it fixed at Hydrex, only to
take it back the same day because it wasn't fixed right, (3rd gear was where
1st was, 1st was in reverse, I don't think that there was a 2nd gear...) so
about $150 later, my Scirocco is running great again, if the year was 1987, my
car would be practically brand new.  I realized that I can't be the only one
with Scirocco bad luck because when my ride was taking me home from work while
my car was in the shop, we passed a 16v Scirocco broken down on the side of the
road...here is a quote from my mom, "Get a new garage or get a new car!!"  I
already said that if something else happens to it, I'm getting rid of it, but
I love it way to much!

Anyone else have these problems??