CA Emission Test: Stroker vs. Turbo

>Or turbo using one of the older ND turbo kits or BAE kits that
>are CARB legal but you need all the parts and the Exemption Order (not
>Executive Order)to take to the ref.  Those limit you to 8V though.

The somg ref has a bay in the same shop as my auto class (the school rents
it out to him for extra cash) and what he told me is that I have to check
out the EO's listed online and if all the parts are there, he will pass it
and put a sticker on it. He did mention that the EO had to be for the year
of the engine, fuel management, turbo and components, ect ect. I was able to
find EO's for the right years, only they are for CIS cars. The G60 uses the
Digi system so I am SOL on that part. Here is a list of the EO's for Turbo
Systems/Turbo Modifications allowed for smog use in CA

<http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/aftermktdevice.php>

He said I might be able to pass if I restore the g60 back to VW spec. He
went on to mention that the chassy really doesn't matter, since its the
engine and management system being tested.

What should I do??

-Craig
"Nightmare" '88 16v (PG-T Proj.)
"Calypso" '91 Golf GL (Daily Driver)

Get fast, reliable access with MSN 9 Dial-up. Click here for Special Offer!