From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of A J
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 12:52 AM
To: SCIROCCO-L@SCIROCCO.ORG
Subject: 16v barely running,anyone got some advise?MORE ON THIS SUBJECT...

So I my 16v broke down awhile back (so I thought) on me and I changed the
cap rotor and plugs and it wouldnt start , got it towed back to the house
and then the next morning it starts (?) So I've been thinking everything is
cool and then I take about a 25 minute drive outa town andthe car strats
loseing power and then dies , so I'm sitting there with no tools and no book
, what can I do ? I check my cap and rotor again , it looks ok , I check my
coil and clean the connections with a rag , maybe something is over heating
and then not working ? I waited about 2 hours and finaly it starts !!??
Thats when I realize I think the O2 sensor is going , can anyone agree with
me on this ? Thanks , Aaron in San Jose -