CO mA??

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, James S. Danda wrote:

> What's a good value to set the idle mixture?
>
> Mine was at 0ma, which confused me for a bit because I thought my test harness was bad :(.
> Once I cranked it lean I got it to read correctly. Based on the scirrocco16v.com technotes
> I guessed 12ma as a good setting. Any advice?
>
> thanks,
> Jim

Huh? How did you pick 12 ?!

Anyway I'm assuming we're talking about a 16v here..

Basically, unless you have some serious mods (ie. aggressive cams) you
want to leave it a 10 mA (fluctuating by 1 mA)

This will give you the best all-around performance. I've fooled around
with other settings quite extensively and found that 10 works the best.

If you're a high RPM nut you can turn it down to 5 mA and get some more
power up at redline but at the (noticable) expense of low end torque.

If you have a 2.0l 16v the above applies, but the low end penalty for
dropping it to 5 mA is less noticable. Doing so, btw, helps the 2 liter
feel a lot more rev-y, like the 1.8 used to ;)

I run mine at 10 mA, though.. I used to have it at 5 mA, but gas got real
expensive for a while and I haven't had a chance to set it back to 5 mA
again. Heh!

On second thought I probably won't because I got my hands on an Autotech
fuel module and I wanna try that out to see if it helps my high rpm
fueling situation - thus allowing me to keep the dpr current at 10 mA,
getting the best of both worlds. High RPM power with full low end as
well..

-Toby