Young blonds and car maintenance

At 06:52 PM 02/19/2004 +0000, ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:

>now why would I try to convice any american that I speak english, as we
>all know the websetr american english dictionnary is so full of slang
>words, "hip hop" words, and the rest is 2/3 words taken from the french,
>spanish and german languages..

That's why the English accuse us of speaking "American", not English.

Apparently, languages change as they cross the ocean. On a trip around the
Gaspe Peninsula my brother was the designated french speaker.

Scene in a shop:

Bro: "[supposedly speaking French]"

Shopkeepers:  (Say nothing) Look at him like he is an alien - from another
planet.

How were we to know that in crossing the ocean a pomme de terre became a
potat?

Chris