Easy horsepower...

Sounds to me like either your accel cable stretched or the accel pedal
bushing is shot.. I'm able to simply adjust the throttle cable clip so
that both switches activate properly.

-Toby

BTW: I replaced the (originally missing) accel pedal bushing with a rubber
one from an A2. Nice and stiff; shouldn't wear out like the crummy foam
ones on A1s.