filling the roof channels (With lead)

I'm going to mention an old school technique here that I have yet to
master, so can't tell you how. That's using molten lead as a body filler.
It doesn't crack.

As recently as the 1970s and maybe even in the 1980s,  higher end German
auto manufacturers used it as a technique to sculpt final fit of parts.
(USA manufacturers used it in the 50s.) A craftsman would apply molten lead
to an area needing filling and then use an insulated glove on his other
hand to to wipe it smooth.

As far as I know, no lead filled Mercedes or Porsche ever cracked, but I
have seen a lot of failed synthetic fillers only a couple years out.

Yes, lead can be dangerous, but I've been exposed to lead paints (spraying
them at 8 years old) and lead bullet casting for more than a decade beyond
a half century: and I'm still here. (Sorry, but my Mom never taught me to
chew on the woodwork.)

If you want to try it, visit your local library and look for the very
earliest body repair manuals. As a disappearing art, it is doubtful you
will find any Internet reference.

A critical point is using a proper flux to prepare the steel so as to avoid
corrosion. (Solder flux doesn't work.) I'm still working on that and intend
to use it for smoothing repair on my 86 8V rear quarter panel.

If I were repainting a Scirocco, I'd invest in original factory filler
pieces (or lead).
That's my opinion and your car. However, if you were selling it a few years
from now with a beautiful paint job and a W30 conversion, my attention
would focus on the roof.