  From: Drew MacPherson
  To: Patrick Bureau
  Cc: 'scirocco list'
  Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 5:49 AM
  Subject: RE: Air intake on 16v

  Natch.  The intake pre-heat is emissions equipment, not cold climate
  equipment.  By shoving warm air in the intake snorkel the engine exhaust
  will reach operating temperature sooner, which means that exhaust
  emissions will fall into specification sooner, especially on catalyst
  equipped vehicles.

  Drew

  On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Patrick Bureau wrote:

  > The collector is used with a metallic pipe that leads to the exhaust pipes
  > and has a heat collector there, simple take all those apart and do your mod.
  > The heat collector is to bring in warmer air into the intake for them
  > freezing county's and country's (I.e.: Canada) for start up in Canada.
  >

  > ATS - Patrick Bureau -  85 2L, 102.5 whp, 121 ft/lbs torque
  > Email : ats@longcoeur.com - Web site : http://ats.longcoeur.com
  > AIM: texasscirocco - Yahoo: atsgtx - ICQ: 32918816 - MSN: atsgtx@hotmail.com
  > 1975, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81S, 82 and 86 scirocco's coming soon!

  |  84 Wolfsburg Edition TurboDiesel Scirocco  |
  |    http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd       |