Air intake on 16v

Maybe, or it may be masking another problem.

We've been known to have some winter, and I've deleted the heat stove on
every CIS VW I've driven with no ill effects.  Properly functioning WUR,
fifth injector, auxilliary air valve and idle mixture are key.  I must
confess I've not driven a CIS-E - over 30 VW's and my latest addition -
Audi 200 TQW - is the first CIS-E.

Drew

--