350hp with 8vTransmission? 02A/02J longevity?

Questions within...
--
Regards,
David Utley

> Also, if anybody cares, the 02J (and presumably the 02A) is way stronger. The
> gear center to center
> distance is bigger which reduces tooth loading, the gears are all wider, the
> gear splines are huge
> compared to the 020, the engagement sleeves are much stronger and best of
> all, first and second
> gears have really cool triple cone synchros ;^)
> Dan

I was told by German Transaxle in OR, that the 2nd gear synchros on the 02A
and 02J are especially weak...  They mentioned that this is the same design
that Porsches had (I am assuming past tense), and that they are more expensive
to replace if, and when they wear...  I am curious what your take on this
design is, as I plan to have an 020 in each of my A1s.  Eventually I hope to
have about 225-250 hp on one of those, and if you have a different take on it,
I might do well to ask you...  ;-)