From: Chad Eatock [mailto:ceatock@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 10:40 AM
To: scirocco list
Subject: Buzzing noise

Hey all.....I just finished the new brake lines on the rocco....from
master to each disk...what a PITA!!  Also, my car still rattles like a
bitch(not nearly as bad as before I might add...) even after replacing
and adjusting ALL motor mounts...what's with that??  Is it the engine
running rough or what?  I'm not proficient in engine diagnostics but I
do know that every time I shut the rocco down it spits and sputters
'till it's off....any thoughts?  I can't figure it out...and my mechanic
says the motor mounts are all good....I dunno.... Now, the latest BS is
this buzzing noise coming from beneath the car when I turn the
key....it's coming from under the passenger side area where I just
replaced the fuel accumulator, banjo fitting, and various other gas
lines....is this my exterior fuel pump whining?  or is it the pump on
the inside of the tank as I am now understanding there are 2 pumps!!?!
WHat kind of job would it be to replace these pumps and at what
cost$$$?? Or is it another thing altogether?  Help me out!! Chadster '87
Scirocco-l mailing list