OT-Digifant Jetta Question

Excellent answer.  I would add from experience that the best way to look for smooth electrical
operation of the MFA is not with an ohmmeter, but with a voltmeter and the unit under power.
Several years ago, mine looked bad when the ohmmeter (Simpson 360, old swing-arm type, best in
these applications) bounced all over as I operated the throttle.  When I switched to Volts and
checked the unit under power, the operation was as smooth as silk.  The unit was indeed fine and
now has about 80,000 more miles on it.

Ron