OT-Digifant Jetta Question

Digifant is a funny animal compared to CIS and can be affected in
surprising ways by many subtle things. When I was working on these cars at
the dealer, we would often look at things like the throttle valve switches
(there are 2), body to motor grounds (not the one from the battery),
crankcase air leaks (like the valve cover grommet for the PCV system and
the oil dipstick guide), coolant temp sensor, and even oxygen sensor. Once
in a blue moon we'd find a problem with an air flow sensor, but that is way
less common than many believe. And those things I've listed above I would
look at only after being sure that the basics of timing and idle are set
correctly (by the book). What is the quality of the warm idle like now (is
it smooth and steady at 820-850 RPM)? Another potentially important
question would be if it was fine for a long time before and then all of a
sudden started doing this. If it has been like this as long as you've known
the car, you may want to start with the basics before looking at sensors
and stuff. Otherwise you'd end up chasing your tail.
Cris