Euro lights? bulbs?

> I know that the main beam side has a low and a high beam H4, What is that
> little light next to the H4 in the main beam houseing for? Do i splice it
in
> to my fogs? Also what bulb # is it or what fits it(both are burnd out)?

those are the city lights, usually wired into the parking light circuit.

> Next i was wondering what the H1 is for? Do I have that running with my
high
> beams? Is that a fog? Or is that the "city light"?

the h1 bulbs should be the high beams

> By the way, What the hell is a "city light" and whats its purpose?

well, its kinda like the daytime running lights on modern cars. makes them
easier to see oncoming even if the headlights are off. something i've
noticed with euros is that the headlight cut-off is SO sharp and distinct
that highway exit signs are not even properly lit by them. the city lights
correct this, as they dont have the same light cut-off as the headlights.

> sorry if this has been asked before many times

np
hth
Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger Scirocco GTO 2.0 16v (daily driver, 190k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX (30% complete, rocco #7)
86.5 Occo 16v Trailer (rocco #8)
90 Passat GL 16V (the wifes new daily, 200k)