Brake Upgrade Questions and Info wanted :)

It all deppends on your budget and on your needs.

For clarity, please read my comments below.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'97 A4

I can't remember about the Audi unit. Generel consensus seems to get the
 G60 MC. Patrick's web site (ATS) has more info.
<<http://longcoeur.com/scirocco/Index2.html>>

> 2.- I was thinking about replacing the factory rubber brake hoses with
> Braided Stainless ones. Where can I find them for a good price?

Potterman? I got mine from Ron's parts. Get the 16V kit if you plan on
having rear drums. It has six hoses instead of four. You'll need them.

> 3.- What brake pads do you guys use and what would you recommend. I was
> going to used EBC pads but I figured that I would double check with the
> list first.

I am using Mintex, bought from Tim Styles Racing UK. They are great.
Others might have different opinions on this.

> 4.- While doing all this I want to drain and replace all the brake fluid
> in the system. What grade should I use? Remember I like to go fast then
> to stomp on the brakes in the last second.

I am using Dot-4. I flush the system every year.

> 5.- Are Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors worth to go after or just get
> the stock replacement parts?

Lots of different opinions on this. If you like the look, go for it.
If you experience fade (street??), get drilled rotors. Buy slotted pads
instead of the slotted rotors to save $$ for the same efect.
I slot my pads my ownself.

> Most of this stuff is going to be quite easy for me to get a hold of,
> and maybe even get a price break at my buddies ;)
>
> Thanks everybody...
>
> Adrian C.
> Project Scirocco R2.oT - "The Turbocharged 16Valves of Fire Breathing
> Fury"
> ( 2.0L 16V T66 )

---