First scrirocco, what to look for. More Info

"Jacob" <gr8hunter1@comcast.net> wrote:

> And I will be able to tinker because my parents wont let me trade the
> tempo (the trade in value is around 330, where as the private buyer
> value is 990) and currently it is not driveable. So my options are a.
> TRY to get a loan and save the rocco from any permanent damage, plus I
> get a scirocco. b. get the lincoln to run on its own power, and sell
it
> either to an uncle for a motorcycle and a gun (sell the motor cycle),
or
> possibly cash if he can get it. Or get the afore mentioned "boat" to
run
> on its own power and sell it for a couple thousand as a running
project
> car. Any ways, I cant get it right now, but hopefully very soon.

Jacob,

Take a step back and decide what you really want.
Is it the Scirocco? No bank will lend you money on
a 20 year old car. They might give you a personal loan,
but you need good job with some history behind it.
You best bet is to fix and sell the Lincoln outright.
Fixing it will teach you some things about cars that will
apply to the Scirocco. Selling it outright will get you
cash. You want the money, not a bike and a gun. If
the Scirocco is in that bad a shape, offer the guy $100.
If he says yes, you've got a cheap Scirocco and some
money to fix it. If he says no, walk away.  It will
probably be the only offer he hears. Keep looking.
might take it. He might say $100. Do it at the end of
the month; the guy will be more likely to deal.

HTH,
Kent