Scirocco Clutch chatter

During the last few weeks I got a BIG oil leak. I replaced the pan and used
a new rubber gasket. Installed a new oil pump too. Distributor flew apart
and since there was no dust cap in there, the hunks of plastic destroyed the
hall sender. New distributor now.

So now, the car is still leaking oil from somewhere behind the engine, but
it's not very much now.
When I take off, the car shakes violently. Happens in between 1000 and 2000
rpms. If I rev to 2500 or if I just let the clutch out and bog the engine,
nothing shakes. Now I poked the transmission mount. It's VERY soft. It also
is soaked with oil now. That is a problem, but I think it's something worse.
So, what is this? I was looking around, and found that a worn throwout
bearing could be the problem. now is this part of the clutch? is it easy to
get out? or is it inside of the transmission? or should I just give up and
get a transmission out of a pull-n-save car for $67 +$10 core. The other
thing I got is, the clutch pedal, I have to shove it int the carpet with the
tip of my shoe to get it to disengage all the way. ARGH! I was going so long
without any problems with this car, and now it's reaming me!!

---timbo
early 84 Scirocco 8v
Tim McConnell (timmcconnell@msn.com)

What are the 5 hot job markets for 2004? Click here to find out.
http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Custom/MSN/CareerAdvice/WPI_WhereWillWeFindJobsIn2004.htm?siteid=CBMSN3006&sc_extcmp=JS_wi08_dec03_hotmail1