Stupid fastener question

> >   I think would be more likely to have more trouble if it was actually a bolt,
> > than a nut/stud...  The only fasteners that I know of that have a one-time use
> > on our cars should be the rod bolts and the head bolts...  Did I miss any
> > other one?
>
> Yes, the 6 bolts that hold the pressure plate to the crank are TTY and
> one-time only - at least in applications where the bolts have flanged
> heads.
>
> According to the service manuals the nut on the driveshaft should also be
> used only once as well.
>
> There's likely a few other obscure fasteners that are specified to be
> one-time only, perhaps in the gearbox...?
>
> Drew

Not to mention the countless water pump pulley and cv joint bolts you'll
manage to strip out over time ;)

The flywheel bolts are a good idea to replace; I'm not positive that
they're in the same 'always replace' category as the pressure plate bolts.
But I always replace them and put additional loctite on. I'd hate to have
a repeat of the one that backed out and carved up the case on my AGB.

Also, the 020 bolt kit. But how often are you going to take that off?

-Toby