Winshield Seal Replacement

Gordy Stedman wrote:

>   Seasons greatings to all Scirocco lovers.  I am new to this email list
>   thing so go easy on me if I screw things up.  Just got a new winshield
>   seal  for my A1 and was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks for
>   an  easy  install.   I tried to do an install years ago on an A2 using
>   the  string method and ended up cracking the bottom corner and ruining
>   the  window.   My  A1  has  the dash out so that might make it easier.
>   Thanks.
> ________

Welcome, welcome:

I want to point out two different links to our own beloved Scirocco.Org
web site. (Many hands have gone into it's current state of goodness.)

<http://www.scirocco.org/tech>
Under the Tech Procedures select MISC and then Windshield Replacement.

Note: some people like using slippery stuff like soap, but I believe it
won't be good to keep in there long term. Better to use something like a
wax or a grease, something that wont hold water long term.

Now, I wrote it but it could stand to be augmented by the portion of
this FAQ that deals with Leaks:
<http://www.scirocco.org/faq/misc/#leak>

It mentions not using silicon sealant to fix leaky seals. (I don't
recommend ANY sealant for _new_ installs of window seals in A1 cars,
just being overly inclusive info wise.)

HEY BRETT! I changed my email address since the 'How To' was posted. No
longer a Mindspring customer. 'tank you.

hth,
TBerk