Happy Holidays...Was: weather report...

Dee,

I'll trade you below freezing(here) for your snow.

Tonee

Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Gordon Forbess wrote:

I'm in North County San Diego and just
> waiting an hour
> or two for a little more sunshine when I'll take a
> picture and send it
> to relatives who are gathering in southern Indiana for
> Christmas. I
> see it snowed 19 inches yesterday in Evansville and is
> about 10
> degrees. Is that cruel?
>
> Gordon

Yes, it is. :p

We were on the southern edge of the Evansville system.
This meant that we got some freezing rain that made a base
of ice, snow on top of that, back to freezing rain for a
bit, and more snow to top it off. 8-10" accumulation, with
the wind howling 15-20 mph to blow the top layer around.

With the Golf out of commission from Tuesday's wreck, I had
to put a Scirocco on the road, and none of mine save the
16v are really drivable at the moment. (And it will be a
cold day in hell before it sees salted roads.) Sooo, Jim
J's '86 that I've been storing since Cincy is wearing a set
of 3rd or 4th season Blizzaks to get me around in the worst
of it. (At least it's in the heated garage Jim.) I'm
hoping to be able to get the Corolla out of the snowdrift,
but probably not for the next couple days.

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'77, '81 S, '85, '86 & '88 16v Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain. That's not the scary part. What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen