Slightly O/T: Suggestions on refinishing spoilers...

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:41:52 -0500, David Utley <fahrvegnugen@cox.net>
wrote:

>Hey all,
>  I recently scored a Zender 3-pc spoiler for the back of my GTI, and I wondered what the collective thought was the best method to get this type of rubbery spoiler back to its original luster...
>
>Spray Meguiars' until it is black?  Dip it in peanut butter?  Slather it in margarine?  Okay, I am getting hungry...
>
>The condition is reasonable, but black will come off in your hands.  The main center piece is dry, but still flexible...

I just got a bottle of "Back to Black" (Mother's) that worked really
well on my bumper ends and strip.  Supposedly, the really great stuff
is called "Black Again" which (if what I read is correct) is a dye as
well as a preservative and is a favorite among the "concours de
elegance" crowd.  Did not see it at any FLAPS, but you can find it on
the www.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9