David Marshall's pages

> Interesting they did it that way.  I myself would like to know the dirty tidbits, but I accept his choice to leave it as he stated.  Perhaps he should rename it volkswagensucks.org?  Or perhaps, therealvolkswagen.org?

http://www.2600.com/news/view/article/298

This was a pretty common trick over at 2600 magazine a few years back.
 they were buying domains like fordsucks.com and within days ford was
demanding they turn it over and filing suits and such.  (didn't help
that fordsucks.com redirected to generalmotors.com)  They did
GMSucks.com as well.  Once Ford and GM had both demanded the sites be
turned over simply because they had their company's name in them, 2600
tried registering FordAndGMsuck.com to see who would try to get it and
how it would play out in court.  I don't remember how it worked out,
but messing with big companies like that has got to be fun.  They did
register VerizonReallySucks.com and verizon decided not to demand it
be turned over because the laws on cybersquatting only apply to people
who register domains with the intent of selling them for profit, which
clearly did not apply (that's what the article above is about).  Kinda
interesting stuff, IMO.

-Grant-