Start Q's

Allyn wrote:
> 3. something engine-wise restricting movement.

What weight oil have you got in there?  It got down to -7?F here
yesterday and I know for sure that the Audi wouldn't have started if I
hadn't changed my 20W50 to 5W30 a couple days earlier.  It has been
really warm here this year (30s) so I switched pretty late.

10W30 down to maybe 10?F but anything less and you'd better have 5W or
it will pose a formidable molasses-y challenge to even a new starter and
battery.   That's the way I've done it for years with dino oil for the
most part.  And, of course, as the manual says, avoid long distance or
high speed driving (unless you need to go somewhere).