From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of C Boyko
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 7:21 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Drum brakes vs. winter question

Okay, so it's finally winter here, -19C (1F). And the daughter comes hme
and announces that the cars "F*%$ed". As I anticipated, of course. It
would wait for the bitter weather. But turns out it's got a brake that's
sticking on. (Rear, PS, drum). Which I figure I should be able to deal
with.

So what are the likely candidates? Frozen/sticking cable?  What else? I
just want to make it as quick a fix as humanly possible. Just wanted to
know what the most likely issue is before I go out and pull it apart.
(Which may wait till it warms up a bit...)

Cathy
1999 TDI New Beetle
1987 2L 16V Scirocco
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V
"Deja moo- the feeling you've heard this bull before"