Quick little toss-up question.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew H. [mailto:rjtremor@core.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 6:29 PM
To: David Utley; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Quick little toss-up question.

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Utley" <fahrvegnugen@cox.net>
To: "Matthew H." <rjtremor@core.com>; <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 2:10 AM

Okay, here's some skinny on the story. =o) BTW, looking into aa Audi
4K/Coupe/5K engine bay will give some extra visual help.

My CGT has a 3-blade fan from the factory, and I ended up getting that
'86(year newer) parts car with a 5-blade fan. I was thinking about if it
would be better to have a 3-blade or a 5-blade on my car. I mention low
space is 'cause there's enough width between the fan and the firewall for a
pair of arms, maybe a little more/little less. Simple cheap swap if the
latter was true, 'cause the car was free in the end. My GCT's gonna get the
radiator from the 86 'cause I don't exactly trust my original, after finding
a very minor weeping spot. 'Course, it's also gonna get the head, and maybe
a few other things, after it's all over... it's already gotten more than a
few goodies off it...

*Considers*

~Matt/RJ
1985 Audi Coupe GT - The Evil Car
"I know God loves me. He gave me an Audi!"
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=rjtremor

Very fine...  I would have to assume that the 5-blade is an improvement.
You could attempt some very unscientific experiments to see how much air the
move in comparison.  Perhaps with a rag behind each, at each speed?  It may
be that one is a single speed, and the other is a two speed, and perhaps the
5-blad is more efficient at both speeds instead of one?  Prolly not much as
of yet, but then again some things to consider...  You might call the Audi
dealership, or speak to someone who has Audi ETKA and see if either part
number has a higher wattage.  That would prolly be the most direct way to
figure which one is better...

Hopefully that helps.
David