195/50/15... Recommendations for air pressure front and rear?

David Utley wrote:
> Me 'gain...
>
> I hace fairly recently put some 15" Corrado Sebrings on my car (GTI) with 195/50/15 Kumho Ecstas.  Konis and unknown lowering springs all the way around.  So far, I have been a bit unimpressed.  I run the car with 32 up front, and 30 in the rear.  I know most of you drive Sciroccos and although they are heavier, your experience is invaluable to me.  What air pressures are you running?  Please be sure to tell me if you have wear on the shoulders, perhaps because of your choice in pressure?
>
> Any helpful suggestions are, as always, greatly appreciated...
>
> David
>
> Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
> --Ralph Waldo Emerson

While I can understand many reduce the pressure for things like
Autocross (or some misguided attempt at increasing ride comfort <snort>)
I would recommend a higher cold temp pressure than the low thirties in a
modern tire.

Can you relate, for the list, exactly what Kumho Ecstas model # these
are? When I go look them up I see at least three or four different
kinds. Also, what is the Max PSI figure on the sidewall?

(Three of the four on Tire Rack are rated @ 44 psi Max, the fourth is
rated @ 51 psi Max.)

I say you should take this into account, in addition to the figures for
tire pressure given for the original stock Scirocco tires- which were
initially developed 'how many decades ago?'

Instead of a stock 70s series sidewall on a 13" rim, you are now running
a 15" tire @ 50% sidewall hight to width ratio. The pressures won't be
the same as a stock value tire.

I'm thinking Higher is Better.

TBerk