Check out this AutoCrossed White Scirocco

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 20:39, Larry Fry wrote:
> "Major upgrade: port and polish" ??

Hopefully not too agressive, as DSP only allows match porting.

> ...and it spanks Z06's?   Suuuuuure....

Well, *any* car with a decent driver can spank a Z06 with a crappy
driver. I used to beat up on Vettes and Porsches regularly in my STS 16v
(similar but required to run street tires). Heck, I've even beaten turbo
Porsches, Lotuses, Ferraris, etc. You always get rich guys out there in
their Vettes making smoke, thinking they're fast, and not going
anywhere. And they get beat by VWs.

So if he's a good driver, I totally believe it. But as far as actual car
vs. car comparisons, well...let's just say I've driven Corvettes, and
the SS and DSP PAX indexes can't be that far off. :)

But it seems like a nice car otherwise. Quite a blast from the
past...very similar to my old car. Wisconsin, eh? Perhaps we'll cross
paths next summer! Look for the whiny '77...

--
Neal Tovsen
'77 Twinscrew Scirocco