Who was it the had the MkI with Cessna lights as high beamsatCincy?

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Patrick Bureau
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 7:21 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: Who was it the had the MkI with Cessna lights as high beams
atCincy?

I did the research on this subject some many months back, if I recall you
can do a yahoo for Landing Gear Lights and look for the 13v model, they
produce something like 3,650,000 bulbs or some crazy number like that.

Check this page out, basically Cessna/Beech craft/piper 13v Landing Light
(PAR46 = 5.25" Lights and fit)

http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/b.pl/4522-usa.html

Try searching for "PAR46 Landing Light" in Google...

Disclaimer: I never actually installed these on a Scirocco so I am not
responsible if your car catches on fire or installation problems you may
encounter.

Yeah Ben has a set, but as I recall last June's conversation after we
compared my 100/130w UK rally lights against his Landing lights, he had a
set of them from his piper or Cessna and just tried them in. He did not even
recall whom the maker was...lol go figure.

I am thinking of setting up a rail light on the roof of my jeep and use
those to light up the night, hum day trails... (Grin)

KC Daylighters are made for that, and they also fit the Mk.1 Scirocco 5 3/4"
headlight buckets.

I have 150 watt KC's on my '81 Scirocco, they are very bright, and only
around $20 each.

Once I pass my final inspection, I'm planning on moving the KC's to the the
outside mounting location, and mounting the black euro H1 DE low beams on
the inside to blend with the grill.
http://thescirocco.com/images/BlackHella.jpg

Peter