solved? was: [16v] hard start, bucking/bogging off idle

It's not me that is confused but my friend.  I always use the harness.

What is the 2 prong on a 16V used for?
I have a 16V and I also have that 2 prong connector dangling but never
new what it was for and was told that it was used for some kind of
testing.  Is it the same on 16v's as well or is it used for a
different test