solved? was: [16v] hard start, bucking/bogging off idle

Don, your getting two systems confused.  (not your fault)

CIS-E (16vs) you do need a little harness so you can intercept the
readings going to the DPR.

CIS Lambda (8v with oxy sensor) has a small 2 prong connector near the
rain tray for measuring the signals going to the Frequency Valve. (similar
in function to a DPR on CIS-E).  You need a dwell meter for that reading
though.

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

1981 Scirocco S (TDI swap project)
1988 Audi 90 Quattro
1990 Corrado TDI
1991 Cabriolet (2.0 crossflow 8v project)