[NOW] LEDs... [WAS] eurolights and relays...

Allyn wrote:

>> Electrical Systems are not one of my strong points, so I'm not sure
>> what you mean by deciding on a resistance value.  I just bought the
>> lamps and installed them the same way as a stock bulb.
>> Superbrightleds.com has all the technical specs on their automotive
>> products, though, if you are interested.
>

> ok, so i assume they already had the resistors installed in those
> assemblies and that your turn signal blinks at a normal rate? if not,
> lemme know, i'll hook you up.
> Al

Actually, no... Although the LED assemblies have built-in resistors,
they only provide overload protection.  If you do not additionally
install a load resistor kit on each turn signal (L+R Front and L+R Rear,
4 total), the turn indicators will not flash at all.  If you only
install one pair, then you will get "hyperflash" or double time. The
reistor kits are rated at 6 Ohm, 50 Watt, and simulate the current draw
of an incandescent bulb (2 watt load, according to the web page).  I am
currently running one pair (double time = higher visability) though I
may add an additional pair in the future.

Are these the kind of resistors you are talking about?

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
   '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L