Autocross tips and tricks...

I was at an autocross yesterday, and a guy with an Integra seen the brown
beast and was very excited, said he used to have an 81 like mine, but he had
a 1.9 Callaway Turbo swapped into it.  He was telling me how I could be
gaining more power for autocross.

   He showed me that if i put a screw in the throttle linkage where the
small butterfly is attached to the big butterfly, you could open both at
once, getting more flow...this seems like a pretty good idea, but isn't it
the same thing as putting it full throttle, or would it be slightly quicker
than full throttle?

   He also told me that I should take me airfilter out for autocrossing
because I would get ALOT more air flow, and there isn't a huge risk running
without an airfilter for autocross because there should be very little
debris.  I'm very skeptical of that, and I did not try it...

I didn't have anything to put in the linkage of the tb, so I was unable to
try that as well.

What do you guys think?

Bryan
Fort McMurray, AB