Was: oil & distributor? Now A4 platform flaws

Add wheel bearings according to the tech I spoke with, they have crappy
seals. I've done one, but my 99 has 180 000 kms on it. And the water pump?
It's become a standard part of the timing belt change in these parts, even
though it's lifespan comes smack in between belts one and two on normal
belts. This is for a TDI mind you, but the bad MAFs transcend fuelling
options (did one). Do the early A4 gassers have a bad main power relay?
The TDIs sure do, and glow plug relays and rails are also common failures.
I still enjoy the car though, but it'll be ugly (electrically) in its old
age.
Cathy