From: "Dan Smith" <sad_rocc@yahoo.com>
To: "scirocco" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 2:09 PM
Subject: Re:16v: how do i keep oil NOW: Car companies

> Along these lines, I've heard from a few people about a rumor regarding straight 6s. I heard that
they lasted for ages and were super reliable, durable engines and because they lasted so long,
companies opted to stop using them. Sounds like an urban legend, but I figured someone here would
know.

> Also, to further muddy the waters, car companies don't necesarily build to fail, but when they
notice various small parts that seem to be a weak link often they don't redesign it if they figure
it will be cheaper to just fix it later. Honda had this issue in the late 90s I believe. But then
again, I could be 100% wrong on everything.