WTB/ Look what I screwed up today...

Bryan Rankin wrote:
> So now is the fun part, i get to spend more money!!  Does anyone have
> another one of those circuits that I can buy?

See what you need anywhere in here?

http://s94043504.onlinehome.us/parts/hoard.jpg

I have two with VDO tachs including one from 12.79 with the redline
paint a little faded that I would let go of cheap.  But that transistor
is a voltage stabilizer and not likely to contain much smoke.  All cars
have one (hint: easy to find) and they really only install one way.  To
test it check for 10V +/- 0.5 at the lowest prong.  The top prong  (on
the bevelled side) is 12V in and center is gnd.

I bet the light switch is what fried....