High idle when engine warms up

In a message dated 4/25/2004 10:46:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rapieper@yahoo.com writes:

<<Stuck idle air bypass valve/idle air controller/more names.  It passes air
around the throttle
body for cold starts and when the A/C is on to maintain optimal idle speed.
Squirt some carb
cleaner into it, that may do the trick.>>>

OK I went and did this just now.  I am assuming that the idle air bypass
thing is that little hole in the throttle body located just next to the small part
of the throttle if that makes any sense.  Well i squirted that and the entire
throttle with the carb cleaner and I'm going to let it sit for a day.  Thanks
for the advice.  Oh the idle switch sounded fine and was connected and all
and I heard it click.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6