Setting A/F mix on an 8v JH Style

Calimus wrote:

> Ok, I know i've seen this gone over before but I don't have my bentley
> here at work and lets face it, I'm too lazy to search through the
> archives.  I borrowed a friends old analog dwell meter and I need to set
> the air/fuel mix on my wifes 8v.  Does anyone recall what the dwell
> reading should be?  Also, I'm almost positive, but I need to plug the
> meter into the test plug which is over by the cold start injector correct?
>
> Thanks folks,
> William
>
> _______

OK, lets try this: (this time I'm going to paraphrase).

Step 5 Check the Idle (Fuel Injection)

- Warm up the car for 5 mins.

- Connect Dwell meter; RED terminal to metal of terminal on COIL that
runs a small wire to the distributer (terminal #1). BLACK wire to the
NEG battery post. Some meters have a red to +, black to - and a green
wire to #1.

- Read the TACH reading, it should be between 800 & 1k RPMs.

- Rotate the 7mm brass bolt on the back of the throttle body until the
idle is correct.

Damn, that wasn't it, but that was from the Muir book, hold one while I
dig out the Bentley...