Setting A/F mix on an 8v JH Style

Bentley Page 5-30/31

Basically make sure your timing is set and idle +/- 975 RPM
Run car for 5 mins varying engine speed (RPM) between 2-3K. At least 5-6
times.
Let idle for 1 min or until engine oil temp reaches at least 80'C

Turning the 3mm idle mixture screw counter-clockwise leaner (lower co%),
clockwise richer (higher co%)

Connect your ground to the blue/red wire of the test connector and the red
lead to the ground of the battery (trust me on this one)
Set your cyl on your dwell meter, you should get a reading varying  on
display

25' - 59' fluctuating  @ 800-1000 RPM  or 45' +/- 7'(average) 925 RPM +/-
75RPM

I usually set the timing first, as you adjust the dwell the timing will
slightly change. So you have to go back and forth a few times to make sure
your setting are up to what you want them to be.

Stock 8v is 4' advance with 45' dwell, if your engine is a 1.8L (JH) then
bump it to 8' advance with 47' dwell you will like the more responsive
engine.

Cheers

-
ATS - Patrick Bureau - http://ats.longcoeur.com