Just happy (and a bit OT)

Well, for once life went my way, more or less. No Rocco content, but close
enough?

The FORD (a four letter word) is charging well with its new alternator, and
passed E test today with flying colours. This was NOT a given. Evidence
suggests it has gone 2500 kms since two years ago when it  E-tested last.
Too bad there's an E test, I really could have done some polluting with all
that driving LOL.  Now I can't even kill myself properly, another 0ppm CO at
idle vehicle for me.

The Cabby went for the "is it really tweaked underneath" check today,
(recall it had dangerous liasons with Mrs Pontiac 6000) and nothing is
visibly bent. This weekend's proposed alignment will tell the whole story no
doubt, but it's sleeping with the other A1s in the Wind Tunnel, and looks
good. Nice to finally have it home. I put the world's shittiest rubber on
the front so as not to kill off the pretty Falkens (the "spare"set from my
parts Rocco, you can imagine how nice that rubber is) , gave her a bath (
this one is without a doubt female) and did a headlamp lens replacement.
There needs to be a special hell for headlight designers, and the guy who
designed the NewBeetle's will no doubt have eternity to befriend the idiot
who came up with the attachment method for the Cabby inners. Maybe they need
to go on "the island" with "brown".

The Cabby's current registration is a mess, Ontario temp plates, but the
car's not in our system. It's still registered in Ohio. I should have fun
with that at the border on Friday. Hopefully it's legal.

Anyway, it's suposed to be nice tomorrow, maybe I'll have tales of melted
parts from the 16V. Or not. But for me, today was a pretty good day.
Cathy

MSN Premium: Up to 11 personalized e-mail addresses and 2 months FREE*