16v Automatic Passat throttle body question for my 8v

The 3 wire connector with the white female end (not the one that's
"contained" in the heat shield) is for the wide open throttle and idle
switch.  One wire is 12V in, one wire will show 12v when the throttle is
closed, the other will show 12v when the throttle is wide open.  The
wire colors coming off the 16v auto passat TPS don't match the wiring of
the knock-box graft that I did when I swapped in my ABA.  For the passat
tb the centre wire (brown/white) is the 12v in, the grey wire (TB side)
is full throttle 12v out, and the blue/black wire (heat shield side) is
the idle 12v out.

The other connector is for the TPS signal.  I can't help you there,
cause I haven't looked into this myself yet.  I've got most of the parts
for a Megasquirt install now, but I've got WAY too much on my plate
right now to even start on this project...  Here's what I get when I put
an ohm meter across these wires.  If I put the leads across the outside
wires the reading on the meter goes from 2.8 ohm (closed throttle) to
1.1 ohm (wide open) If I use the centre and outside (closest to the
other 3 wire connector) the reading is opposite.  Placing the leads
across the centre and other outside wire gives me a steady 2.2 ohm
regardless of throttle position.

HTH a bit...

Mark.
75