Torx v. triple square

Brad Sterling wrote:
> <snip Ron>
> On an old 4-speed I found genuine Torx head screws!
> <end snip>
>
> Maybe a stupid question, but what's the difference between a Torx head and a
> triple square?
>
> -Brad
> '86 Scirocco 16v

Yep, there have been:

- Regular 6 sided Allen socket head bolts.
<http://www.pacificfasteners.com/images/prod3a.JPG>

- Torx (T45?) Six sided socket head bolts, a/k/a 'star head' bolts.
<http://www.lara.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?keywords=bt-t>

- Triple Square or Twelve Point socket head bolts.
<http://www.lislecorp.com/tool_detail.cfm?detail=1017>

Old 4 speed Rabbits get the fun stuff, like Torx, and who the hell knows
exactly which OEM allens came on which car but since about the late
seventies you get a VW, you get triplesquare on them there CV joints.

(You know, I could [& have] do(ne) this for a living- & I need a job
right now. SF Bay Area.)

TBerk
course I don't profane in front of the end users.