Exhaust heat shield question

It could be where he got the bushings as well, I had in 99 bought a bushing
set (off ebay) that lasted me barely 1 year , then I bought it from a more
well known source (Germanautoparts) and they lasted me 4 years now.  And my
pipes are bigger and closer than they were with the  OEM toilet bowl.

Then again perhaps the after-market larger downpipes flow so much better
that less of the actuall heat is "transferred" to the metal. (and my
thinking is)
2" single pipe pushing exhaust vs. 1-1/4" dual downpipe pushing exhaust
(2.5" potential flow), this and considering a lot of them come with the
optional Ceramic Coating that actually deflect even more of the heat
produced by the engine down towards the rear of the car.

I don't know if the heat of Texas makes any difference to the bushings, as
those are pretty hard heavy duty plastic one. And the difference in heat
between Texas 102'F (42'C) and NYC 77'F (28'c) ambient temperature affect
the heat center that flows around the pipes towards the bushings... I mean
yes the air will be slightly cooler in NYC, but at 50MPH or 80MPH the
difference will be what... 2-10'F perhaps when it hits the bushings, I do
not think that is a factor.

-
ATS - Patrick Bureau - http://ats.longcoeur.com
ATS A1 Parts eBay Sales - http://tinyurl.com/22e5b