Cabby part neeeded, I'm desperate...

'88 was the first year for that body add-on, ex-wifes had it...  It makes the
little rabbit look a bit more substantial in my opinion...

In ETKA, under CONV, it is illustration 163-00, for the year of '88...  I did
not confirm prices, but I do sell to list members at 20% below list price...
LMK if you need pricing, I will be glad to help...

Cheers,
  David Utley

Quoting Drew <drew@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>:

> Cath, the ELA pages talk about a special edition (Golf cabriolet
> Boutique) starting in '88) that has alloy wheels, power steering, sports
> seats in leather with height adjust, mirror, top cover, top boot, seat
> covers, door and side trim panels in white.  This was a US only campaign
> (ie. not in Canada eh?)  However, it doesn't mention any special body
> kits.
>
> I can't find any indication of a different body kit listed (not that it
> means anything) the only part number listed for the fender flare is 155
> 853 717 B for left front arch, 08/87-07/93.
>
> Drew
>

> On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 07:11, C Boyko wrote:
> > Okay, I need to get this car finished and out of the body shop, it's a
> > beautiful 1988 Cabby with what I believe is called the "clipper" body kit,
>
> > at any rate it has a wider fender flare than the normal Cabby, and it's a
> > stock VW part. I'd gladly give the dealer my firstborn for one of these,
> but
> > he's in North Bay.  (Seriously, this flare has a higher price tag than the
>
> > whole OEM fender)
> >
> > I'm checking three more wrecker's today, and looking at a parts car if I
> can
> > tonight, I doubt any of this will pan out since I'm on "fender flare#3" and
>
> > they've all been wrong. I really don't want to fork over the huge price to
>
> > VW if I can help it, so if you know of a parts car with this kit on it,
> > junkyard with one or another source I could try, LMK. I need my free time
> > back, this "Cabby parts search" hobby is getting real old. I can send you a
>
> > picture if you want to confirm which kit it is.
> >
> > Thanks, sorry if I don't sound too chipper, I'm  just tired of getting the
>
> > wrong part. Reminds me too much of 16V ownership....
> > Cathy

> > Add photos to your messages with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE*
> >
> http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-
ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS
_Taglines